Researching personnel who served in other countries

Records for military personnel who served in countries other than Canada are generally retained at the national archives of the applicable country.

The list below includes URLs for:

United States of America –

United Kingdom –

France –

For countries not listed, you should enter the specific country and the term “military record archives” in any search engine.